Shetland Noir Writing Competition
Jimmy Perez Trophy (with kind sponsorship by Ann Cleeves)
To enter submit one piece of crime fiction: 500-1000 words
Your piece must contain all of the following ingredients:
- At least one corpse, or part thereof
- One darkened room
- At least one Nordic reference
- The misuse of at least one kitchen utensil
- A telephone that rings unanswered
Deadline: 5pm, August 15th 2015
By email to email@example.com
- Your name must not appear on any page of the document
- Your email must have the words Shetland Noir Writing Competition in the message bar
By post to Shetland Noir Writing Competition, c/o Shetland Arts, Mareel, Lerwick, Shetland ZE1 0WQ
- Please include a covering letter with your name and contact details and the title of your piece of writing
- Your piece should be typed on one side, double-spaced with a minimum font of 14
- Please ensure all pages are numbered
- Your name should not appear on the manuscript
Please note that only entries that fulfill all of the above stipulations will be considered.
The judges’ decision will be final and the judges and Shetland Arts Development Agency will not enter into discussion with entrants regarding any decision made by the judges.
First Prize: The Jimmy Perez Trophy and: if the winner is not resident in Shetland: free travel to and from Shetland (from any of the main UK airports) to the festival courtesy of Promote Shetland. If the winner is resident in Shetland: a full festival ticket and a seat on the guided bus tour.
Second Prize: £50 book token, kindly donated by The Shetland Times Bookshop and a signed copy of the book of your choice by one of the headline authors
Third Prize: £25 book token, kindly donated by The Shetland Times Bookshop and a signed copy of the book of your choice by one of the headline authors.